Happy Independence Day!
India celebrates its 71th Independence Day today. It’s a national holiday that marks India’s freedom from the British Empire after several movements and non-violent activities headed by Mahatma Gandhi. The Bollywood has been celebrating Independence over a decade and there are a number of songs that have been dedicated to our India, which makes every individual proud! Here are few of the most famous patriotic songs that would rise your spirit for this Independence Day!
1. Bharat Humko Jaan Se Pyaara Hain- Sung by Hariharan for the film Roja, the movie portrayed the story of a young couple who goes on a honeymoon, but all hell breaks loose when the groom gets kidnapped by the terrorist.
2. Mere Desh Ki Dharti- It is said that Manoj Kumar got inspired by the Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri, and directed the blockbuster film 'Upkar' in 1967.
3. Maa Tujhe Salaam- Sung by everyone's favorite A.R. Rahman, this song was not in a film but was for an album.
4. Suno Gaur Se Duniya Walo- Sung by Shankar Mahadevan, Udit Narayan and other singers, this song was a instant hit by the youngsters.
5. Sandese Aate Hain- One of the most patriotic songs from the movie 'Border' the song was loved by all the people in India.
6. Yeh Jo Desh Hain Tera- Sung by A.R. Rahman again, the movie was based on a NASA engineer (Shahrukh Khan) who comes back to India after a long period of time and reconnects with his childhood friend.
7. Chak De India- India's most favorite patriotic song played during Cricket or any sports competition, especially when India wins