Back to Top

New Year, New Resolutions

With the New Year just around the corner, its time for a ritual that we perform so religiously at around this time of the year, every single year!

 

New Year Resolutions

Yes, the same set of pointers that we renew, refresh, rephrase every year to help us feel good and motivated for the first few days of the New Year. A research says that only 8% of the population that makes a resolution is succeeds in achieving their goals, for the rest 92% we have made this list to help them get on to the other side of the fence.

So, if you're going to make New Year's resolutions, here are some tips to help you make them work, ( we worked really hard to get these 10 points, spoke to psychologists, doctors, gym trainers, some of those 8% people and used our own experience too):

1: Focus on one resolution, rather than several

2: Set realistic, specific goals. Losing weight is not a specific goal. Losing 10 kgs in 90 days would be

3: Don’t wait till New Year's eve to make resolutions. Make it a year long process, every day

4: Take small steps. Many people quit because the goal is too big requiring too big a step all at once

5: Have an accountability buddy, someone close to you that you have to report to on your development

6: Celebrate your success between milestones. Don't wait the goal to be finally completed

7: Focus your thinking on new behaviors and thought patterns. You have to create new neural pathways in your brain to change habits

8: Focus on the present. What's the one thing you can do today, right now, towards your goal?

9: Be mindful. Become physically, emotionally and mentally aware of your inner state as each external event happens,moment by moment, rather than living in the past or future.

10: And finally, don't take yourself so seriously. Have fun and laugh at yourself when you slip, and if you fail to follow your resolutions, go back to point number 1 in a little less than 365 days.

To simplify, Just write out everything you intend to do on the NYE and at the beginning add the word "stop."

P.S.: My New Year’s resolution is to ‘Stop’ being so prefect. Whats Yours?