He is by far the BIGGEST fan of Sachin Tendulkar and Indian Cricket 'Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary'
As India play against Bangladesh in the quarter finals, here are some interesting facts about the first Indian supporter of Team India “Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary”.
Here are the 10 facts about the man whom you may have seen him on tv blowing the conch and waving the Indian flag incessantly to support Team India.
- Sudhir has quit 3 different jobs to follow the Indian team around the world. He first quit a job at Sudha Dairy in Muzaffarpur as soon as he had enough money to obtain a passport and travel abroad with Team India.
- In 2004, he landed a job at Shiksha Mitra, but for that he would have to undergo training in February. And that would've coincided with India's tour of Pakistan. So he ditched the job and cycled all the way to Pakistan.
- During India's tour of Pakistan, he stayed with Chacha, Pakistan cricket's most famous fan, in Lahore.
- For the duration of the 2011 World Cup, starting with India's opening match against Bangladesh in Mirpur, Sudhir started sporting a mini World Cup replica on his head.
- After India won the World Cup at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, Sachin called him into the dressing room for the post-match celebrations. Sudhir was even allowed to hold the World Cup trophy aloft, chanting 'India, India'.
- He is currently in Australia supporting Team India. He could not obtain his visa to Australia and approached Sachin Sir for help. Tendulkar wrote a letter to the Australian embassy in Delhi, stating that Sudhir was a ‘national icon’.
- His paint was confiscated by the New Zealand airport security when he was travelling to Auckland for India's match against Zimbabwe. Liquids were not allowed on the flight and he was fined Rs 65,000 for violating the law. Sudhir escaped the fine by showing Sachin's letter to the embassy.
- Earlier, he had 'Tendulkar' painted on his torso during matches. But ever since Sachin retired, he has changed that to 'Miss U Tendulkar.'
- It has become a yearly event, Sudhir travels to Mumbai to deliver 1000 litchis (a fruits which grows in abundance in his village in Muzaffarpur) at Tendulkar's house. Sachin, in turn, sponsors his tickets to all India matches.
- Supporting the Indian cricket team seems to be the only thing on his mind. "My thinking is that while I am on this planet, I will cheer Team India, but with Sachin Sir’s name written on my body. As long as I’m able to walk, I will carry his name," said Sudhir to Wisden India.