105*, 117*, 104 and 124 and Sangakkara creates a history, slams fourth successive century
Batting first after winning the toss Srilanka were in looking very confident. Lahiru Thirimanne, failed to impress but it was all Tillakaratne and Sangakkara show where both the Lankan titans slammed their respective centuries. While Sangakkara created a history to score four consecutive hundreds, skipper hit a blistering quick fifty taking the Lankan total to 363.
Scotland in reply never looked threatening as they couldn't survive the ever increasing run rate. Skipper Preston Mommsen’s 60 and Freddie Coleman’s 70 put up 118 run stand. But it was only matter of time before Kulasekara and Chameera wrapped the Scottish innings at 215.
Meanwhile Sangakkara also took two catches to overtake Adam Gilchrist as the most successful World Cup wicket-keeper with 54 dismissals.
1. Scotland players celebrate after dismissing Lahiru Thirimanne.
2. Kumar Sangakkara and Tillakaratne Dilshan put on 195 runs partnership for the second wicket.
3. Tillakaratne Dilshan acknowledges the crowd's cheers after scoring his century.
4. Class personified, as Kumar Sangakkara gets down for a drive.
5. Josh Davey dismissed Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara off consecutive deliveries.
6. Richie Berrington is tended to after he slipped in his follow through.
7. Kumar Sangakkara shapes to play the scoop.
8. Preston Mommsen drills the ball during his 60.
9. Alasdair Evans and Josh Davey are dejected after Scotland's 148-run defeat.
10. Kumar Sangakkara signs off with the Player of the Match award.