Australia wins with a record total in the tournament history
Australia beat Afghanistan by 275 runs, the biggest winning margin in the history of the world cups.
Asking Australia to bat first, Australians piled up a gigantic score world cup record total of 417/ 6. David warner slammed his career best of 178 in 133 balls. Warner and Smith shared a 260 run partnership for the second wicket. Glenn Maxwell’s blistering innings of 88 of 39 balls took Australian score to a 417/6.
In reply, Afghanistan were bowled out for 142 runs allowing Australia a victory with the biggest winning margin of 275 runs in the tournament history.
1. David Warner's 133-ball 178 was the highest score by an Australian in World Cups.
2. A David Warner push manages to evade Samiullah Shenwari.
3. Mohammad Nabi holds on to a catch to dismiss David Warner
4. James Faulkner gets clean bowled to a Hamid Hassan delivery.
5. Glenn Maxwell plays a few unorthodox shots in his innings of 88 runs of 39 balls.
6. Afghanistan celebrate the wicket of Aaron Finch.
7. Steven Smith took a stunning catch despite a Mitchell Marsh-shaped distraction.
8. Dawlat Zadran was bowled by a Mitchell Starc yorker.
9. Mohammad Nabi asks the umpire for a review after being given out.
10. David Warner signs off with the Player of the Match award.