Afghanistan lose to Bangladesh on World Cup debut
Afghanistan's historic first World Cup match ended in a 105-run defeat by Bangladesh in Canberra.
After winning the toss and electing to bat first Mushfiqur Rahim at 71 and Shakib Al Hasan on 63 helped the Test side to 267 after they were struggling at 119 for four and ensured they avoided an upset.
In reply, the Afghans were in a dire situation after Mangal and Shenwari's got dismissed in quick succession, leaving Afghanistan reeling at 78 for five again, skipper Mohammad Nabi and Najibullah Zadran at 17 shared 58 runs for the sixth wicket to keep the hopes of the team from war-torn nation alive but not too late Afghanistan were bundled out for a meagre 162 in 42.5 overs.
1. Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim steadied the Bangladesh innings.
2. Shakib Al Hasan plays a cuts this one hard to complete his 4000 runs. the only Bangladeshi to do it.
3. Shahpoor Zadran had Mahmudullah's wicket.
4. Afghanistan players celebrate the wicket of Anamul Haque while he seeks review.
5. Hamid Hassan knocks off Sabbir Rahman's middle stump.
6. Mohammad Nabi hits this one hard.
7. Fans watch the game back home in Afghanistan.
8. Afsar Zazai walks off after being trapped lbw by Rubel Hossain,
9. Samiullah Shenwari watches in despair as he is run out.
9. Mushfiqur Rahim signs off with the Player of the Match award.