All round performance from De Villiers help South Africa make it in quarters
UAE, after winning the toss opted to bowl first. That decision backfired as, after claiming Hashim Amla’s wicket UAE bowling seemed no threat to the South African middle order. With one short for his century, Ab De Villiers continued his batting form and a fiery 64 of 36 balls from Farhaan Behradien helped South Africa reach a mammoth total of 341.
In reply, UAE struggled to cope with the pace of the South African attack. Swapnil Patil was the top scorer for his unbeaten 57 and Shaiman Anwar made 39 but in the end UAE were bowled out for 195.
This victory for South Africa means that they would in most probable situation face Sri Lanka in the quarter finals, unless a shocking results turn the tables around.
1. AB de Villiers plays a square drive during his innings of 99.
2. Hashim Amla reacts after being struck by a beamer.
3. Kamran Shazad is congratulated after he dismissed AB de Villiers.
4. David Miller looks back as he is bowled by Mohammad Naveed.
5. Mohhamad Tauqir takes a return catch to dismiss Rilee Rossouw.
6. Farhaan Behardien hits out on his way to an unbeaten 64 off 31.
7. Swapnil Patil top-scored for UAE with 57.
8. South Africa players celebrate the wicket of Andri Berenger.
9. Khurram Khan was caught behind off Morne Morkel's bowling after making 12 runs.
10. AB de Villiers signs off with the Player of the Match award.