Australia thrash Scotland in last group game
Asking Scottish men to bat first after winning the toss Australian bowlers showed no mercy. They rammed into their batting order featuring 5 ducks in the Scotland scorecard. With Matt Machan’s top score of 40, Scotland innings was wrapped up at 130 in 25.4 overs.
In reply Australian skipper Michael Clarke opened the innings with Aaron Finch who blasted 20 of 10 balls before getting dismissed. It was just a matter of time that the strong Australian side chased down the total in 15.2 overs to finish on the 2nd spot in Pool A.
1. Matt Machan fends off a short delivery.
2. A Mitchell Starc yorker makes Kyle Coetzer dance.
3. James Faulkner hold on to a catch to dismiss Matt Machan.
4. Groundstaff bring on the covers.
5. A rainbow brings in some hope of play at the Bellerive Oval.
6. Shane Watson sweeps over square leg.
7. Michael Clarke made 47 while opening the batting with Aaron Finch.
8. David Warner waits in the tunnel.
9. James Faulkner and David Warner walk off after sealing a seven-wicket win.
10. Mitchell Starc signs off with the Player of the Match award.