Bangladesh cut short Scotland’s world cup hopes
Asked in to bat first, Scotland were reduced to 38-2 in the 10th over. But opener Kyle Coetzer’s played a scintillating innings of 156 studded with 17 boundaries and four sixes. Their chances of their first world cup victory looked promising as Coetzer shared a 141-run partnership for the fourth wicket with Preston Mommsen helping Scotland reach a total of 318/8.
Chasing 319 to win, Bangladesh lost Soumya Sarkar cheaply. But a century run partnership between Mahmudullah and Tamim Iqbal steered Bangladesh strong in their chase. Individual fifties from Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim with a good support from Sabbir Rahman helped Bangladesh chase down the total with 11 balls to spare.
This loss against Bangladesh means that Scotland can no longer qualify for the knockout stages after losing their fourth match out of four in Pool A.
1. Kyle Coetzer unleashes a pull in his innings of 156.
2. Kyle Coetzer celebrates his century.
3. Soumya Sarkar after a juggle finally manages to hold on to Hamish Gardiner's catch .
4. Tamim Iqbal registered the highest score of 95 by a Bangladesh batsman in World Cups.
5. Tamim Iqbal and Mahmudullah shared a 139 run partnership.
6. Mushfiqur Rahim dives to make his ground.
7. Shakib Al Hasan and Sabbir Rahman helped Bangladesh seal their highest ODI chase.
8. Bangladesh get together after their six-wicket win.
9. Kyle Coetzer signs off with the Player of the Match award.