England ends their World Cup journey with a win
England ended their miserable world cup with journey with a consolation win against Afghanistan in a rain affected match. Afghanistan made 111/7 in 36.2 overs before their innings was ruled to be closed because of rain.
In reply chasing a revised target of 101 in 25 overs England chased down the total in 18 overs.
This was the first edition of the World Cup in the tournament's 40-year history where England had failed both to beat a Test nation and get through to the second round.
1. Najibullah Zadran knocks the ball to the off side.
2. Shafiqullah plays a one-handed sweep.
3. Afghanistan had strong support from their fans.
4. Samiullah Shenwari is disappointed after falling for 7.
5. The ground staff bring the covers onto the field.
6. Rain played hide and seek, keeping the ground staff busy.
7. Hamid Hassan had Alex Hales nicking behind for 37.
8. Ian Bell raises his bat after getting to a fifty.
9. James Taylor and Ian Bell walk off after sealing a nine-wicket win.
10. Chris Jordan signs off with the player of the Match award.