Defending champions ended Bangladesh World Cup dream
Batting first after winning the toss Indians got off to a steady start until Shikhar Dhawan was stumped off Shakib al Hasan’s third ball. Kholi at 3 and Rahane at 19 were struggled with the bat.
But it was the partnership of 122runs between Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina that rebuild the Indian innings when it seemed jittery at 115/3. With a quick 23 of 15 balls from Ravindra Jadeja, India reached to a total of 302.
Bangladesh in reply had to pull off a record chase at Melbourne to knock off the tournament favorites. They lost both the openers in the seventh over, one of it in an awful mix-up.
Bangladesh never looked threatening, as they kept losing wickets at the regular intervals despite of batsman getting starts. The game at a point seemed like going nowhere until Indian pacers wrapped the Bangladeshi innings at 193.
With 11 successive World Cup victories, India will meet either Australia or Pakistan in the semis on the 26th March.
1. Rohit Sharma drives through the off side.
2. Nasir Hossain attempts to stop a boundary.
3. Rubel Hossain gives Virat Kohli a send-off.
4. Bangladesh bowlers celebrate the wicket with a chest bump.
5. Suresh Raina hoists the ball over long-on.
6. Rohit Sharma celebrates after completing his hundred.
7. Lights out: Rohit Sharma is bowled by Taskin Ahmed.
8. Fans cheering for Team India.
9. Bangladeshi fans cheering for their team.
10. Umesh Yadav is pumped up after dismissing Tamim Iqbal.
11. Umesh Yadav runs Imrul Kayes out.
12. Indian fielders mob MS Dhoni after he snaffled Soumya Sarkar's catch.
13. Mushfiqur Rahim brings out the sweep.
14. Sabbir Rahman unfurls the pull.
15. MS Dhoni congratulates his team-mates after sealing the win.
16. Rohit Sharma signs off with the Player of the Match award.