India continue to dominate the tournament with their fifth win
Winning the toss and batting first Irish men started well with Porterfield on 67 and Stirling on 42 together putting an 89 runs opening stand. But India switched to spin who frustrated the top order and later dismissed them.
One half of the O'Brien brothers, Niall O'Brien displayed some resistance with a top score of 75 while the other failed on this occasion as both were dismissed by Shami, reducing Ireland at 259.
In reply, Irish men had an early difficult chance to get rid of Dhawan but after that, India were ruthless as Dhawan and Sharma put up a 174 run partnership. Dhawan later continued, slamming his 8th odi ton, second in the world cup. With this victory India have won their 9th consecutive games World Cup.
1. William Porterfield and Paul Stirling put on an 89-run opening stand.
2. Niall O'Brien top-scored for Ireland with 75.
3. Stuart Thompson falls short of the crease.
4. Mohammed Shami holds on to a catch to dismiss Andy Balbirnie.
5. Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma's 174-run stand is India's best in World Cups.
6. Shikhar Dhawan raises his bat after making his hundred.
7. The bales light up as Rohit Sharma edges this one back on the stumps.
8. Ajinkya Rahane gets down to play a classic a cover drive.
9. Shikhar Dhawan signs off with the Player of the Match award and a message for the fans.