India hammered the neighbors in Adelaide
Playing their first match of the tournament India consigned Pakistan to a humbling defeat. Batting first after winning the toss, India kept scoring at a stable rate with a hundred run partnership between Virat Kohli & Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli & Suresh Raina.
Virat Kohli played a sheet anchor’s role scoring a century along with a strong support from Shikhar Dhawan and Suresh Raina at the opposite end leading India to a score of 300.
Sohail Khan’s maiden five wickets haul was the highlight of the Pakistani bowling.
Chasing down 300 looked a bit difficult task when Mohammed Shami got Younis Khan early in the first power play. Opener Ahmed Shehzad and Haris Sohail steadied the innings with a partnership of 68 until Sohail nicked one off a turning delivery of Ashwin in the slips.
Sohaib Maqsood and Umar Akmal were dismissed on a duck and the captain cool Misbah-ul-Haq was the lone fighter till the end scoring 76.
1. Captains at the toss.
2. Pakistan team huddle.
3. Teams standing for the national anthems.
4. Shikhar Dhawan raises to his fifty.
5. Virat Kohli celebrates his century.
6. Sohail Khan celebrates after claiming Virat Kohli's wicket.
7. Virat Kohli and Ahmed Shehzad wait for the smoke to clear.
8. Misbah betts out a slog sweep.
9. Ahmed Shehzad sweeps this time.
10. Ahmed Shezad walks back to the pavilion.
11. Fans at the venue
12. Together we cheer.
13. Team India celebrates Akmal's wicket.
14. Celebration after winning.
15. Virat Kohli sign off with the Player of the Match award.