Ashwin’s career best of 4/25 helps India win against UAE
Winning the toss and opting to bat first, openers Amjad Ali and Andri Berenger did not last much longer.
Ashwin was in as the first change immediately after the mandatory 10-over powerplay and picked up a wicket with his second ball and then ran through the UAE middle order to bag his best figures of 4/25 in ODIs.
Only a spirited 35 from Shaiman Anwar spared UAE from real embarrassment. Anwar and number 11 batsman Manjula Guruge added 31 for the final wicket, the highest of the innings, to get UAE past the 100-run mark.
Chasing 103 to win, India lost just one wicket of Shikhar Dhawan while Rohit Sharma made this innings counted and slammed a fifty with Virat Kohli at the other end to see India home.
1. MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan before the start of the game.
2. Shaiman Anwar top-scored for UAE with a 49-ball 35, India v United Arab Emirates.
3. Mohammad Naveed was bowled trying to cut a full delivery.
4. R Ashwin finished with 4 for 25, his first four-for in ODIs.
5. Shikhar Dhawan nudges to the leg side.
6. Virat Kohli playing his trademark cover drive.
7. Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli put up a 75 run partnership.
8. Ashwin takes a sellfie and grabs the Player of the Match award.