Ireland beat UAE by two wickets in a tense finish
Asking to bat first UAE opening batsmen did very well in the first 10 overs. But off-spinner Paul Stirling picked up two quick wickets to dent the UAE and at one point UAE were 131/6.
It was a fine batting performance from Shaiman Anwarwho scored his maiden odi century which helped UAE in a commanding position with a total of 278.
During the chase, opener Stirling failed. But other opener William Porterfield at 37 and Ed Joyce 37 stitched a 90-run stand for the second wicket to set the base. UAE hit back and reduce the Irish to 97/4 in 25.2 overs to raise a hopes of a win.
However, Andy Balbirnie (30) and right-handed Wilson brought them back into contention with a 74-run stand for the fifth wicket and later Kevin played a quickfire innings of 50 with Dockrell and Cusack played through and took team home.
1. Amjad Ali flays one through the off side.
2. Kevin O'Brien exults after dismissing Amjad Ali.
3. Alex Cusack is congratulated on the wicket of Rohan Mustafa.
3. Shaiman Anwar scored UAE's first World Cup century.
4. Manjula Guruge celebrates with Shaiman Anwar after dismissing Paul Stirling.
5. Ed Joyce steers the ball towards third man.
6. Mohammad Tauqir picked up the wickets of William Porterfield and Niall O'Brien.
7. Kevin O'Brien smashed 50 off 25 balls.
8. Gary Wilson guided Ireland's chase with 80 off 69 balls.
9. George Dockrell is pumped after hitting the winning runs.
10. George Dockrell and Alex Cusack walk off after sealing Ireland's two-wicket win.
11. Gary Wilson signs off with the Player of the Match award.