Mahmudullah’s ton and Hossain’s heroics thrashed England out of the tournament
Asking Bangladesh to bat first after winning the toss, England started off well in sending back both the openers for 8 runs. But it was Mahmudullah who played a steady innings and slamming Bangladesh’s first world cup hundred.
With two very vital partnerships with Soumya Sarkar and Mushfiqur Rahim Mahmudullah guided Bangladesh in reaching to a competitive total of 275.
In reply England made a decent start with Moeen Ali and Ian Bell until Ali was adjudged runout. Skipper Eoin Morgan’s poor form continued and he was out on a naught, his fifth duck in 11 innings. Chris Woakes looked promising along with Jos Butler with their lusty hitting but Woakes ran out of partners at the other end making it mess for England.
Rubel Hossain bowled a brilliant 49th over claiming Stuard Broad and James Anderson in a spare of three balls triggering the delirious celebrations of Bangladesh's most famous win.
1. Mahmudullah's maiden ton was the first by a Bangladesh player in World Cups.
2. Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah 141-run fifth wicket.
3. James Anderson exults after taking the wicket of Imrul Kayes.
4. Ian Bell sweeps onto the leg side.
5. In or out? Chris Jordan was judged run-out by the TV umpire.
6. Bangladesh players celebrate after the run out of Moeen Ali.
7. James Taylor reacts after getting out.
8. Rubel Hossain after claiming Ian Bell and Eoin Morgan's wickets in the same over.
9. Mashrafe Mortaza and Joe Root exchange a few words after Ian Bell's dismissal.
10. James Anderson misses a yorker from Rubel Hossain.
11. Bangladesh players pile on top of each other after the win.
12. Jos Buttler was left crestfallen after his team's elimination.
13. Bangladesh players are elated after pulling off an incredible win.