England mulled over at Melbourne
Hosting the world cup again after 23 years, Australia shows why they are considered as the favorites for the tournament. Aaron Finch scored a brilliant 135 with 12 fours and 2 sixes. Finch and skipper Bailey together put up a great partnership of 146 runs before Finch got out.
Maxwell scored a quick 66 of 40 balls with decent partnership with Haddin and M. Marsh taking Australia to a total of 342.
Steven Finn bowled a brilliant spell towards the end of the innings taking a hat trick in the last over claiming a total of 5 wickets.
While chasing down 342 England got off to a shaky start losing early wickets in the innings. England dint have a notable performance apart from James Taylor who remained unbeaten at 98.
Mitchell Marsh exhibited a great bowling performance damaging the England top order and taking 5 wickets with 33 runs in 9 overs.
1. The first centurion of 2015 World Cup, Aaron Finch.
2. Maxwell smashes 50 of just 30 balls.
3. ....and there he celebrates, the first hat-trick from the last three balls of the innings - Steven Finn.
4. James Taylor putting on some fight for England.
5. Mitchell Marsh celebrates his 5 wickets.
6. Aaron FInch signs off with the Player of the Match award.