New Zealand beat Afghanistan, eliminating them form quarterfinals
Batting first after winning the toss Afghanistan were facing one of the best bowling attacks of the tournament. Trent Boult started the damage by dismissing Javed Ahmadi in the second over and later it was Vettori’s spinning web that made it difficult for the Afghans. With fifties from Samiullah Shenwari and Najiullah Zardan, Afghanistan managed to reach a total of 186.
In reply Kiwis got off to a flying start with Brendon McCullum slamming 42 off 19 balls. With decent contribution from the middle-order, Kiwis chased down the total in the 37th over.
1. Usman Ghani was bowled with Daniel Vettori's first ball.
2. Samiullah Shenwari was struck on the helmet by a Corey Anderson delivery.
3. Samiullah Shenwari plays this one fine.
4. Trent Boult congratulated by his mates after an early wicket.
5. Daniel Vettori reached the landmark of 300 ODI wickets.
6. Hamid Hassan reacts to a close call against Brendon McCullum.
7. Ross Taylor punches this one off the back foot.
8. Grant Elliott fails to make his ground.
9. Daniel Vettori signs off withe the Player of the Match award.