Pakistan crumble at Christchurch
Winning the toss and asking West Indies to bat first Pakistan started off well getting Gayle and Smith out early. They couldn’t capitalize on the momentum and then it all started. A 75 run partnership between Samuels and Bravo got West Indies back on track.
Then on West Indies kept having decent partnership with both, Denesh Ramdin and Lendel Simmions scoring their half century. Bravo was unfortunate as he got retired hurt on 49. But a blistering knock of 42 from just 17 balls helped West Indies attain a score of 310.
Pakistan on the other had had a miserable day with four catches dropped while fielding. And while chasing they ended up breaking a record which they would not want to cherish. They lost 4 wickets for just 1 run which is the worst start ever in ODI history.
They couldn’t recover after the top order collapsed with Umar Akmal, Shoaib Maqsood and Shahid Afridi showing some fight it was just matter of time Pakistan were all out for 160.
1. Lendl Simmons and Andre Russell hammered 51 runs in 2.5 overs.
2. Andre Russell hits this one through the off side.
3. Darren Sammy shows how to smile after evading the bouncer.
4. Afridi drops one of the four catches dropped.
5. Jason Holder celebrates after dismissing Ahmed Shehzad for 1.
6. Misbah walks back to pavilion.
7. Shahid Afridi congratulates Umar Akmal for his fifty.
8. Sulieman Benn takes a diving catch to get rid of Sohaib Maqsood.
9. And thats how Russell celebrates his wickets.
10. Darren Sammy and Denesh Ramdin are all smiles after West Indies wins.
11. Sohail Khan shakes hands with Darren Sammy after the game.
12. Andre Russell signs off with the Player of the Match award.