Pakistan gains momentum with their second win
After losing the toss and being asked to bat first Pakistan got an early jolt when they lost opener Nasir Jamshed for 4 in the fourth over. But thereon, Ahmed Shehzad at 93 and Haris Sohail on 70 put up a 160 runs partnership to create the platform for a big total. Misbah-ul-Haq’s 65 towards the end of the innings helped Pakistan put up a total of 339-6.
In their reply UAE, after a poor start arose through Khurram Khan’s 43 and Shaiman Anwar's 62 helped build up a significant 83 runs partnership. In-form Shaiman Anwar made 62, but UAE fell and the innings ended on 210-8.
1. Ahmed Shehzad and Haris Sohail shared 160 runs partnership.
2. Ahmed Shehzad was caught short despite a dive.
3. Shaiman Anwar drops Umar Akmal on 17.
4. Mohammad Naveed celebrates the wicket of Haris Sohail.
5. Misbah-ul-Haq hammers a slog sweep this one during his innings of 65.
6. Shahid Afridi passed 8000 ODI runs with a six over cover.
7. Shaiman Anwar plays a pull shot.
8. Shaiman Anwar hits this over the square.
9. Sohail Khan is congratulated on the wicket of Krishna Chandran.
10. Shahid Afridi is flanked by his team-mates after dismissing Rohan Mustafa.