Pakistan knocks Ireland out of the world cup to go through in the quarter finals
Opting to bat after winning the toss, Irish skipper Porterfield led by example by slamming a hundred but his wicket triggered a slide and there was not enough support for. With 29 being the second highest score by Gary Wilson Ireland were wrapped at 237.
Chasing the modest target, Pakistan looked strong in their run chase with a century run opening partnership between Ahmed Shehzad and Sarfaraz Ahmed. While the wicket of Haris Sohail in form of a run-out revived Irish hopes, but Misbah arrived to steady the innings while the Irish bowlers were struggling to contain the runs.
Pakistan had not won a match batting second in this tournament, eventually it made it this time before getting into the knockout stage. They now face the hosts Australia in quarter finals on the 20th March.
1. William Porterfield tucks the ball fine.
2. William Porterfield celebrates his seventh hundred.
3. Gary Wilson goes air borne to play this one.
4. John Mooney reacts after edging the ball to his throat.
5. Sarfraz Ahmed prepares to sweep the ball.
6. Ahmed Shehzad and Sarfraz Ahmed put on 120 for the opening stand.
7. George Dockrell ran out Haris Sohail for 3.
8. The Ireland players get together after a wicket.
9. Misbah-ul-Haq stretches out for a reverse sweep.
10. Misbah-ul-Haq stepped on his off stump.
11. Sarfraz Ahmed acknowledges the crowd after his maiden ODI hundred.
12. Sarfraz Ahmed signs off with the Player of the Match award.