Thirimanne, Sangakkara thrash England with centuries
Having won the toss England chose to bat and went in with an unchanged side after their victory over Scotland. Ian Bell and Moeen Ali got England off to a flying start as they raced to 50 in just seven overs.
Joe Root anchored England's innings, slamming his fourth odi hundred. He along with Morgan and Taylor batted sensibly by rotating the strike before Root and Taylor fell in the final five overs and England finished with a total of 309.
While chasing Sri Lanka openers Lahiru Thirimanne and Tillakaratne Dilshan had a hundred run partnership before Dilshan got out on 44. His wicket dint favor England much as Kumar Sangakkara slammed a century in 70 balls facilitating Sri Lanka to seal victory with 16 balls to spare.
1. Joe Root swivels in the crease to play a pull.
2. Joe Root and James Taylor shared a 98 run partnership.
3. Joe Root soaks acknowledges after getting to a century.
4. Joe Root kisses his helmet on reaching his fourth century.
5. Tillakaratne Dilshan celebrates as Gary Ballance walks back disappointed.
6. James Taylor dives to make his ground in time.
7. Eoin Morgan is ready to pouch Tillakaratne Dilshan.
8. Moeen Ali gets into a tangle with Tillakaratne Dilshan.
9. Lahiru Thirimanne roars after becoming the youngest Sri Lankan to score a World Cup century.
10. Kumar Sangakkara slammed his fastest ODI century.
11. Lahiru Thirimanne and Kumar Sangakkara shared 212 runs partnership.
12. Kumar Sangakkara shakes hands with Eoin Morgan after the game.
13. Kumar Sangakkara signs off with the Player of the Match award.