West Indies crash UAE to make it in the quarter finals
Asking UAE to bat first after winning the toss Windies bowlers toppled the UAE top order taking full advantage of the conditions. UAE were struggling at 46/6. It was difficult to recover from that situation but a century run partnership between Amjad Javed and Nasir Aziz helped UAE with a total of 175.
In a must win game to qualify for the knockout stage, West Indies were in without the injured Gayle. Johnson Charles made his opportunity count scoring a fifty. Though Samules and Russell failed to reach the double figure, Johnathan Carter and Denesh Ramdin made sure Windies chased down the total in 30.3 overs.
West Indies are now in line to face tournament co-hosts New Zealand at Wellington in a March 21 quarter-final.
1. Amjad Javed hits over the infield.
2. Nasir Aziz raises his bat after getting his maiden ODI fifty.
3. Khurram Khan turns back to find his leg stump missing.
4. Swapnil Patil is undone by a Jason Holder delivery.
5. Jason Holder struck twice in the sixth over.
6. Jason Holder celebrates the wicket with his mates.
7. Andri Berenger walks off the field after losing his wicket.
8. Marlon Samuels walks off after scoring 9 off 18 balls.
9. Jonathan Carter hits down the ground.
10. Dwayne Smith's bottom hand comes off the bat as he plays a shot.
11. Jason Holder signs off with the Player of the Match award.