Williams wins it for Zimbabwe
After winning the toss and asking UAE to bat first who were making their first World Cup appearance since 1996, posted a competitive 285 for seven and then took wickets at crucial moments.
UAE’s innings had been well constructed with most of the batsmen getting good start but were unfortunate to convert into big score apart from Shaiman Anwar with the top score of 67.
Chasing a total firm total of 285, Zimbabwean opener Sikandar Raza got off to a great start with vital contributions from Brendon Taylor at 47 and Craig Ervine 42. Player of the match Sean Williams knock of 76 helped Zimbabwe claim their first win of the tournament.
1. Bails being placed before the start of the match.
2. Shaiman Anwar hits this one in his knock of 59-ball 67.
3. Khurram Khan guides this one towards the third man.
4. Tendai Chatara looks on as Amjad Ali walks off the field.
5. Sean Williams flicks this one.
6. Craig Ervine nudges the ball into the leg side.
7. Sikandar Raza checks his helmet after being stuck by a bouncer from Amjad Javed.
8. Mohammad Tauqir is delighted after dismissing Sikandar Raza.
9. Sean Williams sign off with the Player of the Match award.