ICC World Twenty20 Final: Stats
* West Indies lead the overall series 9-4 including a perfect 4-0 in ICC WT20 competitions
* England’s spinners have conceded 9.36 runs per over, the West Indies spinners 5.73 runs per over
* Of all the players to hit at least five sixes in the competition, Jos Buttler’s have travelled the furthest – an average of 88.11 metres. Joe Root’s travel an average of 73.57 metres in comparison
* Since the start of the Super 10 stage, the West Indies have faced 44.06% of dot balls – the most in the competition. England have faced the least – just 31.09%
* England have hit 19.41% of all the deliveries they have faced for either 4 or 6 – more than any other team since the start of the Super 10s
* 18.77% of all deliveries bowled by England have been hit for 4 or 6 – more than any other team. For the West Indies it is just 12.76%, the second-lowest of the ten Super-10 teams
* Since the start of the Super 10s the team winning the toss has won 17 out of 22 matches (77%).
* Darren Sammy has won the toss in his last nine Twenty20 International matches – the odds of that happening are one in 512. He has chosen to chase in eight of those nine matches
When the teams meeting in the final have met earlier in the competition
2007 India beat Pakistan in a bowl-out and then won in the final
2009 Pakistan lost to Sri Lanka earlier in the tournament, then beat them in the final
2012 West Indies lost to Sri Lanka earlier but went on to beat them in the final
2016 England lost to West Indies at the start of the tournament. In the final...?