Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority on Tuesday announced that it will be launching nine new bus routes as of April 7, 2019.
The routes will be as follows:
1. Route 20 from Al Warsan 3 to Al Nahda via Airport Terminal 2, connecting Rashidiya Metro Bus Station and International City with a frequency of 30 minutes during peak hours.
2. Route E201 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Ain Bus station with a frequency of 30 minutes during peak hours.
3. Route J02 connecting International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) with Arabian Ranches via Dubai Studio City with a frequency of 30 minutes during peak hours.
4. Route 310 from Rashidiya Metro and Bus Station to the International City with a frequency of 8 minutes during peak hours.
5. Route 320 from Rashidiya Metro and Bus Station to Silicon Oasis/Academic City with a frequency of 8 minutes during peak hours.
6. and 7. Feeder services: Route F34 from Dubai Internet City Metro Station to Dubai Production City via IMPZ with a frequency of 20 minutes during peak hours, and Route F37 linking Mall of the Emirates Metro Station with Dubai Sports City with a frequency of 20 minutes during peak hours.
8. Route E315 from Etisalat Metro Station to Muwaileh Bus Station in Sharjah
9. Route E316 from Rashidiya Metro Station to the University of Sharjah (Airport Road Interchange).
RTA will also introduce some changes to bus routes from April 7, such as:
1. Route F30 will be curtailed at Studio City with no service to Arabian Ranches, thus enabling a faster service from Dubai Studio City. The existing passengers from Arabian Ranches will be covered by the new Route J02, enabling transfer at Dubai Studio City.
2. Route F04 will be converted into a circular service, enabling transfers at Al Khaleej Road opposite to Gold Souq Bus Station.
3. Route 50 will be curtailed at Business Bay.
4. Route F09 will be extended to Dubai Frame from Jafiliya Metro Station.
5. Route 24, a new loop service, will be provided to connect Sahara Centre with the existing route.
There will also be some route cancellations as of April 7:
1. Routes 365 and 366 will be canceled, and the existing passengers will be served by the new service 310, 320 and 20.
2. Route F29 will be canceled, and the existing passengers will be served by the new service F34, F37, F30, and J02.